- William McKendree
- 6 Hours 15 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 15, 2017
- Part A & Part B
- Medicare Advantage
- Part D
- Dual Eligibility
- Coordination of Benefits
- Changes as of 2018
President Trump’s budget proposal, both the House and Senate’s budget versions, and additional recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services, guarantee we are going to see significant changes to our health care system.
Join Medicare expert, Attorney William McKendree for the latest healthcare updates and how they impact Medicare & Medicaid. Mr. McKendree explores recent changes (and proposed changes) to the Medicare and Medicaid systems which influence accessibility and affordability. In particular, he will examine the changes beginning in 2018 for the access and utilization of the health care by dual eligible individuals in Pennsylvania under the Community Health Choices (CHC) initiative.
|Manual ZNM052645 (0.71 MB)||41 Pages||Available after Purchase|
(Webcast times are listed in Central)
7:30 THE MEDICARE SYSTEM
- Medicare’s design & function
- Eligibility & Enrollment in Medicare
- Part A & Part B
- Costs of Medicare
- Coverage & Services
- Enhancements to “Basic” Medicare
- Medi-gap Supplemental Plans
- Medicare Part C – Advantage plan
- Medicare Part D – Prescription Drug Program
9:45 SPECIAL MEDICARE ISSUES
- Continued Implementation of the Affordable Care Act (or Whatever Replaces it) and its Impact
- Hospital Services Under the Medicare System: In-Patient vs Observation
- Accessing Service Providers in Local Managed Care Networks
11:00 Lunch (on your own)
12:00 BEYOND MEDICARE – OTHER HEALTH CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Medicaid: Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
- Medicare Savings Program: Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
- Prescription Drug Assistance Programs; Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
1:15 COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
- Coordination Process Between Medicare, Medicaid and other Health Care Assistance Programs
- Accessing Health Care Services and Prescription Drugs for Dual-Eligible Patients
- The impact of Recent Changes to Medicare and Medicaid on the Dual-Eligible Patient
3:00 Evaluations, Adjournment, & Certificates
William McKendree, Esquire Related seminars and products: 1
WILLIAM MCKENDREE, ESQUIRE, is the Supervisor of the APPRISE program in Allegheny County. APPRISE is Pennsylvania’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program, helping consumers with Medicare, Medicaid, long term care and health insurance concerns. Mr. McKendree also serves as preceptor for the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy and School of Law internship programs with APPRISE. Prior to his position with APPRISE, he served as director for the Western Pennsylvania Center for Aging Services and was a member of the Pittsburgh law firm of Gabriel and Associates. Mr. McKendree has a Juris Doctorate degree from Duquesne University’s School of Law and a Masters in Public Administration from the University of Pittsburgh. He teaches classes on Medicare and Health Care Systems at the University of Pittsburgh, Point Park University, and Community College of Allegheny County.
Financial: William McKendree receives compensation as Supervisor of the Allegheny County APPRISE Program (Pennsylvania’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program). He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: William McKendree has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
9 reviews for William McKendree – Pennsylvania Medicare and Beyond
There are no reviews yet.