- Vanessa Ruiz
- 6 Hours 24 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 12, 2019
Are you a stressed out, overworked nurse who, over the years, have found yourself feeling uncomfortable in your own skin? Have you tried supplements, personal trainers and restrictive diets without the scale budging or being able to fit into those jeans? Do you feel shame about your current weight? You don’t like how you look, you aren’t the role model you should be for patients, you just don’t feel healthy… or happy? Do you feel like you’ve been spinning your wheels in trying to lose weight, getting nowhere fast?
We all know what it takes to lose weight – exercise & healthy food – but if that were true, then why is it so difficult for many to lose weight? The truth is that it requires much more than exercise and nutrition – also unlocking your own behavior, sabotaging habits and disempowering narratives around weight loss, as well as understanding the optimal diet and exercise for your metabolism.
In this recording, Dr. Ruiz, a Naturopathic Doctor and Registered Nurse, will help you unlock your own potential for weight loss in a healthy and sustainable way. You will understand why fad diets won’t work – and what diets could work for you. You will analyze your 3-day diet and lifestyle diary, gain clarity around weight goals, overcome sabotaging beliefs about your weight loss journey and develop a sustainable action plan for achieving your desired goal.
|Manual – Weight Loss Solutions for the Busy and Stressed Nurse (1.53 MB)||47 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Challenges of Weight Management
- Causes of weight gain: Diet-binge cycles, stress and overeating
- Common medical causes of weight gain
- Deconstructing cravings: What causes them and how to overcome them
- 80/20 nutrition: How to “treat” yourself without feeling deprived
- How to increase your metabolism naturally
- Stress and its impact on weight management
Food Restrictions Alone Almost Guarantee Diet Failure… There are Nutritional Musts for Success
- Your body’s nutritional needs
- Macronutrients: Carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Hydration and its effect on weight loss
- Hormones and their role in weight management
- Optimal diets for weight loss and why fad diets don’t work
- Analyzing your diet and lifestyle diary
- Habits and behaviors that lead to weight gain
- Why are you eating when you aren’t hungry?
- Why are you eating past the point of feeling full?
- Eating, weight, emotions, anxiety, depression can all go hand in hand; break the cycle!
9 Foundations of Healthy Weight Management
- Food preparation: How to make quick and convenient meals
- Quality nutrition and food choices
- The psychology of eating: Overeating, shame and self-loathing
- Exercise and motion
- Sleep and recovery
- Developing successful skills for weight management
- Restoration and stress management
- Long-term weight loss habits and mindset
- Creating a supportive environment for weight management
Supplements that are Beneficial for Weight Loss and Management
- Green Tea / Caffeine
- Fish Oil
- Adaptogens: Rhodiola, Eleuthero
Your Weight Loss Narrative – Creating a New Story
- Visualizing the ideal weight goal
- Identifying obstacles in your narrative
- Understanding the process of weight loss
- End your unhealthy relationship with food
- Learn to like your body image now
- Creating a new weight loss narrative
Develop Your Personal Weight Loss Action Plan
- Reasonable goal-making for weight loss
- Objective and subjective indicators of success
Vanessa Ruiz is a naturopathic physician and registered nurse. She utilizes natural therapies in an integrative setting at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Ruiz specializes in natural therapies for both behavioral health and medical conditions. She earned her doctorate of naturopathic medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona, and her nursing degree from Stony Brook University, New York.
She has been featured in YRM Podcast and the “Dig Deep Documentary”. She has been a practicing nurse for over 10 years, in the areas of pediatrics, geriatrics and global health. She is the founder of Nurses for Natural Health, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering nurses in natural health. In her spare time, she volunteers for the Medical Reserve Corps of New York, Naturopaths without Borders and Homeopaths without Borders.
Financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a physician at Enliven Mental Health Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a member of the Psych ANP.