- Robin Bilazarian
- Approx. 6 Hours
- Feb 10, 2021
Clients who experience chronic pain want relief from their suffering as soon as possible. And with many ineffective, possibly dangerous interventions out there, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. It’s hard to know where to start and your client is looking for a quick fix.
Watch Robin Bilazarian, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, EFT(i) International Master EFT Trainer in this highly experiential workshop filled with dozens of interventions to help clients release pain through safe, non-medication interventions.
Drawing on 25 years of clinical experience using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)/Tapping, Robin masterfully shares her expertise in this workshop designed for both new and seasoned clinicians who want to enhance clinical outcomes by integrating tapping into existing treatment modalities.
- 5 non-medication ways to release chronic pain based in a self-applied, cognitive somatic, acupressure-based modality.
- Self-applied techniques that empower your client
- Engagement of the parasympathetic nervous system
Don’t miss out on helping your clients manage their pain. Purchase today!
The Biology and Language of Pain
- The value of pain
- Types of pain
- Acute verses chronic pain
- Neuromuscular skeletal pain
- Other types of pain
The Limbic System and Pain
- The role of the amygdala in pain
- How breakthroughs in neuroscience guide treatment
Autonomic Nervous System and pain
- Calming fight and flight (sympathetic nervous system) to quell pain
- Ways to move out of the sympathetic nervous system
- EFT/Tapping and Porges’ Polyvagal Theory
Typical Pain Treatments
- Medicine, acupuncture, physical therapy, electric stimulation
Emotional Freedom Technique and Tapping
Getting started in EFT/Tapping
- How to use this for physical and emotional pain
- Quelling the perception of pain
- Capturing focusing language
- Metaphors to heal
- Tell the Story Technique
- Movie Technique
- Erasing Limited Beliefs
- Personal Peace Procedure
- Chasing the pain
Pain Release Steps – 5 Non-medication Techniques
Simple, self-applied EFT/Tapping for pain
- One acupoint
- Rebalance energy reversals
- The entire EFT/Tapping sequence with pain reduction as a byproduct/side effect
- The Brief Energy Correction – new pain research by presenter
More Pain releases by adding language that affects the amygdala
- Language from NLP – the Sub modalities
- Listening to the message of pain and defusing it
Assessing and Treating the Emotional Strangleholds of Pain
- Somatization, truth or consequences, maybe it’s real
- Thought, emotion, physical reactions, & behavior – all entwined reactions
- Past pain-related traumatic events
- Anger pain connection
- Secondary gain and overidentification as a pain client
- Empathic pain & compassion fatigue
Psychotherapy and Pain
- The Mind-Body Sweep – letting go of the physicality of stress and turmoil
- Big “T” and little “t” events and the feeling of pain
- Decreased social connection and pain
- Childhood triggers
- Pain, grief and trauma connections
Adding Gratitude and Forgiveness
- The neuroscience of a gratitude practice to release pain and increase endorphins
- Interrupt the negativity and confirmation biases
- Four “feel-good” hormones and neurotransmitters
Non-medication Pain Management
- Medical care – Pain management
- Opioid epidemic
- Drug relapse prevention to address physical and emotional pain
Robin Bilazarian, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, AAMET Related seminars and products: 3
Robin Bilazarian, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, AAMET (Diplomate in Energy Psychology), and International Certified Master EFT Trainer, is a brief therapy expert, author, and speaker who uses passion and humor to share a wealth of knowledge and her twenty years of experience integrating EFT into mainstream mental health treatment. She is the author of the Amazon best-seller Tapping the Mighty Mind: Simple Solutions for Stress, Conflict, and Pain. Her passion is to bring these rapid, thorough and gentle meridian and cognitive-based techniques into mainstream clinical mental health treatment.
EFT is a well-researched, comprehensive, mind-body treatment that rapidly desensitizes unwanted thoughts, emotions, and connected physical reactions. EFT goes beyond supportive counseling and is actual treatment. It’s surprising how quickly turmoil dissipates; clients are usually better in one session – even if the issue is long standing.
Robin obtained her MSW degree from the University of Pennsylvania and the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill and interned at Duke Medical Outpatient Psychiatry. Her more than thirty years of clinical practice includes employment in all levels of mental health treatment, including private practice and using EFT in a community mental health center and with medical staff. She was recruited and worked for fourteen years as an internal Employee Assistance Program counselor, bringing these highly effective, short-term techniques to medical staff and students in a regional trauma hospital. Her trainees also included police, fire fighters, first responders, educators, city workers, and others. She ran numerous internal and external EFT workshops, including psychiatric rounds and community conferences. She speaks nationally and internationally on this topic and presents frequently for NASW and Rutgers University. She is a sought-after expert in working with anxiety spectrum disorders.
Financial: Robin Bilazarian is in private practice. Ms. Bilazarian receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Robin Bilazarian has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
18 reviews for Robin Bilazarian – Emotional Techniques (EFT) & Tapping: Evidence-Based Clinical Practice to Release Physical and Emotional Pain
There are no reviews yet.