- Michele D. Ribeiro
- 6 Hours 18 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 24, 2019
Yoga and mindfulness are based in the idea that you can cultivate a healthy, happy life by intention, using mind-body meditative methods.
Recent neuroscience research indicates that these evidence-based practices change the brain in ways that help overcome anxiety, depression, trauma, and substance abuse. Learn an integrative approach to mind, body, spirit healing using the natural, built-in capacity to think, sense, move, and feel in the present moment.
Practice interventions with Michele D. Ribeiro, EdD, CGP, experienced yoga and mindfulness teacher, clinician and researcher. Learn how to help your clients regulate their emotions, clarify their thinking, and lessen physical discomforts. Deepen the therapeutic relationship as you awaken your healing presence and empower yourself and your clients to make better choices.
You will come away from this recording with a clear understanding of the neuroscience behind these practices, a profound experience for yourself, and new techniques and protocols for your therapy sessions to improve client outcomes.
|Manual – Yoga & Mindfulness Therapy (4.6 MB)||87 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Neuroscience of the Mind-Body Unity
- Your responsive nervous system: Neuroplasticity and neurogenesis, and how to activate the brain for change
- Mind-body link: How the mind changes the body and the body changes the mind to transform
- Networks of interaction and influence: Mirror neurons and attachment
- How yoga breathing, mindfulness, and meditation bring balance and wellbeing to dysregulated nervous system and a troubled mind
Mindfulness and Yoga as an Evidence-Based Clinical Intervention:
A Holistic, Mind/Body Approach
- Unifying by intention: One with your true being in mind, body, and spirit
- Top-down: Harness the healing power of thought
- Bottom-up: Use the body and the breath to activate the vagus nerve for calm and balance
- Horizontal: Cross modalities and hemispheres to work around defenses and elicit new potentials
Find Courage from Anxiety, Fear, and Panic
- Turn from fearful anticipation of the future to the mindful present
- Quickly reduce heightened anxiety with moving meditations
- Breathing to reverse the fight, flight, freeze stress response
- Reset the nervous system to find a calm, confident balance
Posttraumatic Growth: A Journey to Transform Trauma
- Convert implicit memories from the source of pain to a resource for strength
- Create an internal safe sanctuary
- Meditative breathing to develop self-regulation and inner control
- Resonate with inner strength: Mantra and posture practice
- Elicit the brain’s natural capacity to heal through the mind-body link
- Nurture compassion for self and others
The Path from Depression
- Reconnect the disconnect between frontal and limbic areas in depression to stop unproductive ruminations
- Four-Step method to observe and detach from negative thoughts that elicit depression
- Develop non-judgmental awareness
- Breathing and body meditations to balance energy
- Leave the past by living in the present moment
- Mindful attuning to your radiant deeper nature
- Gratitude meditations to nurture a positive life
Rewire the Compromised Reward Pathway in Addiction
- Detach from drugs
- Go beyond pleasure and pain
- Soothe with comfort practices
- Mindful acceptance
- Develop a healthy and wise inner compass
- Find joy from life itself in the present moment
Michele D. Ribeiro, ED.D., CGP Related seminars and products: 2
Michele D. Ribeiro, EdD, CGP, is a Licensed Psychologist, Certified Group Psychotherapist, Certified Yoga Instructor and a Children/Teens Meditation Course Teacher. She has been applying mindful awareness as a therapist and teaching mindfulness as a skill to clients presenting with depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma, eating disorders and addiction issues for over 20 years.
Dr. Ribeiro began her yoga studies in 1997 and completed advanced yoga training in India at numerous yoga centers and ashrams including the Indian Yoga Institute, Prashanti Kuteeram in Bangalore, the Yoga Study Center in Rishikesh, the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute in Pune, India and at the Iyengar Yoga Center of New York in NYC. She has written on mindfulness for the Group Psychologist Newsletter and assisted with editing journal articles on yoga and ALS in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
Dr. Ribeiro has a private consulting practice, works as a psychologist and instructor at Oregon State University and is co-owner of the Iyengar Yoga Center of the Willamette Valley in Corvallis, OR. She has taught yoga, mindfulness practices, and biofeedback at various universities, schools, and conferences throughout the United States and abroad while working as a psychologist for Semester at Sea.
She serves on the planning committee to create a new Yoga Certification Program, is on the steering committee for expanding Contemplative Studies and is co-leading the development of a new Mindful Living and Learning Community all at Oregon State University.
Financial: Michele Ribeiro is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Michele Ribeiro is a member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association.
9 reviews for Michele D. Ribeiro – Yoga & Mindfulness Therapy: Mind-Brain Change for Anxiety, Moods, Trauma, and Substance Abuse
There are no reviews yet.