- Kirsten Davin
- 5 Hours 25 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 15, 2017
The Flames of Burnout and Stress Continue to Rise…Learn Effective and Immediate Techniques that will Extinguish the Fires,and offer you Access to Amazing Work Life Balance
The health care workforce burnout epidemic is a national crisis and chances are YOU are at risk. Are you running out of hours in the day? Is life moving too fast? Do you continually feel behind at home and at work? Are your clients, patients, students, or family suffering because you are spread too thin? Regardless of your many roles, be they therapist, nurse, educator, parent, and/or caregiver, you are, more than likely, routinely asked to do more with less, and to fit more into each day. These high demands can frequently leave you behind schedule, frustrated, exhausted, and disorganized.
This unique, enlightening recording will demonstrate how to overcome this crisis, adding hours to your days by arming you with tools for combating burnout, disorganization, stress, and fatigue. Time management skills are necessary for anyone, but they are particularly critical for professionals whose job it is to care for others.
|Manual – Beating Burnout in the Healthcare Setting (6.46 MB)||57 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Handout – Beating Burnout in the Healthcare Setting (0.38 MB)||9 Pages||Available after Purchase|
THE SCARY STATISTICS AND HOW YOU CAN OVERCOME THEM*
- 87% of working Americans admit they overwork
- 39.2% of working Americans work at least 5 hours overtime per week
- 38% of Americans report they spend more time away from their home life as compared to 2010
- 46.4% of working Americans report they frequently feel stressed from overworking
- What is the solution?
THE PITFALLS OF IMBALANCE
- Evidence-based signs of imbalance
- Health and clinical ramifications
- Stress, burnout, and poor mood
- Personality pitfalls, understanding the effects of imbalance on personality
- The “happy” clinician vs. the “broken” clinician
ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE AND TAKE BACK CONTROL
- Add hours to your day with unparalleled time management
- Emergent, urgent, important, and the rest of the “to do” list
- Flexibility and creative methods to getting the job done
- Allowing yourself to say “no”
- Stop the Stress!
- Simple methods to stress reduction
- LAB: Identifying physiological triggers and responses to stress reduction methods
- Eat, sleep and exercise
- LAB: Methods to immediately alleviate stress at home, work and at play (lab)
- Stress doesn’t stop at the office-methods to reduce home stressors
- Current evidence on work hours, vacation, and the impact of leisure
- The power of play in adulthood
- Simple methods to stress reduction
- Technology…A double-edged sword
- Awesome apps to streamline your schedule
- Financial freedom: It’s not what you make, it’s how you spend it
- LAB: Financial organization and its relationship to work and career satisfaction
TECHNIQUES BOOST EFFICIENCY
- “Hacks” to make everyday jobs easier
OUTSIDE OF THE BOX
- Per diem, part-time, flex-time and other options
- The more cookie jars you get your hands in, the more varied the flavors
- Internal change vs. external change
- Case study – Stages of change
- Waiting out the storm
- Fear of the unknown and how change may be good
LAB: INTENSIVE SELF-REFLECTION AND REVIEW
- Personal assessment-present
- Social, emotional, organizational, with career, home and family
- Case study-assessment examples
GOAL SETTING – WHERE WILL YOU BE IN 5…10 YEARS
- The 3 Ps in goal setting
- SMART goal setting
- Prioritization and visualization of the goal line
WORK SMART, PLAY HARD, ENJOY LIFE!
- Sticking to a schedule
- Words of wisdom and thoughts to live by
- Case study- Lessons learned
CREATIVE INTERVENTIONS FOR THE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL
Kirsten Davin, OTD, OTR/L, ATP, SMS Related seminars and products: 4
Dr. Kirsten Davin, OTDR/L, ATP, SMS, is a veteran Occupational Therapist of over 16 years with extensive experience in a variety of inpatient and acute care practice since obtaining her occupational therapy degree in 2001. She is best known for her live, national speaking tours, as she has conducted thousands of workshops and courses on the topics of splinting, seating/positioning, assistive technology, acute care assessment and intervention, and work/life balance.
Kirsten received her Doctorate in Occupational Therapy in 2007, and graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2001. She was most recently named the 2016 recipient of the VGM HME (Home Medical Equipment) Woman of the Year Award, presented at the fall MedTrade conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
Financial: Kirsten Davin receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kirsten Davin has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
18 reviews for Kirsten Davin – Beating Burnout in the Healthcare Setting
There are no reviews yet.