- Jason Handschumacher
- 6 Hours 37 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 04, 2019
Some of the most common treatments for helping patients overcome chronic pain and overuse injuries can leave them in worse shape than when they arrived.
Protocols rooted in the ‘no pain, no gain’ mentality often work against patients, activating self-defense mechanisms that freeze muscles, compress nerves, and sharpen pain.
Many therapists add myofascial release to the mix because it’s less invasive, but misapplications and outdated techniques will yield little relief and can be just as harmful to outcomes.
As time passes without progress, even the most promising patient can plateau early, growing disengaged and depressed — convinced therapy is a waste of time.
Prove them wrong.
Master cutting-edge myofascial release techniques in this hands-on recording, and discover innovative interventions you can apply immediately for faster, longer lasting results.
Built on today’s best practices, this program will show you how to better identify root causes of impairment and effectively combine MFR with tape, IASTM, exercise, and self-care to eliminate pain and improve functional outcomes.
Discover effective, evidence-based treatment protocols that have helped countless patients leave their limitations behind.
Purchase today and complete this one-of-a-kind training knowing that whether your next patient hopes to return to work or play, you’ll be able to confidently guide her toward rapid improvements with the best methods available in myofascial release!
|Manual – Mastering Myofascial Release (4.15 MB)||54 Pages||Available after Purchase|
HOW RECENT CHANGES ARE RESHAPING MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
- Hot topics and innovations in myofascial release
- What myofascial release will look like in 1, 5, and 10 years
- A look ahead at neuromyofascial manipulation
HANDS-ON LAB: IMPROVE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Fascial and joint restrictions
- Muscle tightness, weakness and instability
- Neural tension
- Movement dysfunction
HANDS-ON LAB: EXPAND YOUR MYOFASCIAL RELEASE TOOLBOX
- Practice effective MFR techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Restore functional and athletic performance
- Decompress entrapped nerves
- Increase range of motion
- Recover mobility and flexibility
- Improve tissue glide
- Loosen tight muscles
- Mobilize scar tissue
HANDS-ON LAB: INTEGRATE MULTIIPLE MODALITIES FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Practice combining myofascial release with:
HANDS-ON LAB: DESIGN ROBUST, INNOVATIVE PLANS OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Practice comprehensive treatment strategies for specific impairments, including:
- Neck and back pain
- SI Joint and pelvic dysfunction
- Shoulder impingement
- Postural deviations
- Knee and foot problems
- C-section scarring
- Nerve entrapments
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
HANDS-ON LAB: TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Master advanced neuromyofascial manipulation techniques:
- Palpatory assessment utilizing proprioception
- Tissue mobility, motility and glide
- Traction and compression
- Skin rolling and rebounding
- Neuromyofascial manipulation grades I-V
- Direct and indirect techniques
SAVE YOUR HANDS!
- Ergonomic tips and techniques for practitioner self-care
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Case study 1: MFR for the trunk
- Case study 2: MFR for the upper extremity
- Case study 3: MFR for the lower extremity
DON’T’ LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE!
- Coding and billing updates for myofascial release
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
Jason Handschumacher, PT, DPT, OCS Related seminars and products: 7
Jason Handschumacher, PT, DPT, OCS, is an expert in myofascial release, with over 16 years of clinical experience in some of the top facilities in the country. He practices at a hospital in the Charlotte metropolitan area, serving patients in acute, sub-acute, and outpatient settings. In addition, he sees patients at a clinic within an active adult community.
Dr. Handschumacher travels nationally to present seminars on myofascial release and is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He has presented research findings for state and national PT associations related to non-operative management of the rotator cuff, injury prevention, and the uses of therapeutic taping. Board Certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, Dr. Handschumacher earned his doctorate in physical therapy from Shenandoah University.
Financial: Jason Handschumacher has an employment relationship with Springs Memorial Hospital. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jason Handschumacher has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
7 reviews for Jason Handschumacher – Master Myofascial Release: Combine MFR, Tape, IASTM, and Exercise for Faster, Longer Lasting Results
There are no reviews yet.