- Daniel J. Siegel
- 6 Hours 8 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 19, 2016
|Manual (1.44 MB)||42 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Innate human drive to create narratives
- How the brain changes in response to experience
- Genetics, epigenetics, and memory
- Relationship among narrative and subjective experience, relationships, and culture
- The landscapes of action and consciousness
- Mindsight falls within the interdisciplinary field of Interpersonal Neurobiology
- It is defined as seeing the mind of self and others to promote neural integration at the heart of health
- Using the Mindsight lens for clinical assessment and intervention
- The role of the nervous system in subjective experience
- Fundamentals of neuroplasticity
- Harnessing the power of neuroplasticity to transform lives
- The 9 Domains of Integration
- Strategic neuroplastic interventions
- Key elements that promote neuroplasticity
- Art and science of making sense of clients’ lives
- Insight and relational communication
- Using narratives in the healing process
- Making sense of experiences and attachment patterns
- Interventions that promote integration
- Treatment planning as a collaborative process of the therapeutic relationship
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. Related seminars and products: 48
Dr. Siegel is a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and the founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA. He is also the Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute which focuses on the development of mindsight, which teaches insight, empathy, and integration in individuals, families and communities.
Dr. Siegel received his medical degree from Harvard University and completed his postgraduate medical education at UCLA. He served as a National Institute of Mental Health Research Fellow at UCLA. Dr. Siegel serves as the founding editor for the Norton Professional Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology which contains over seventy textbooks. He has also authored several books, five of which are New York Times bestsellers: Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence, Mind: A Journey to the Heart of Being Human, Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain, and two with Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D: The Whole-Brain Child and No-Drama Discipline.
Dr. Siegel’s ability to make complicated concepts exciting as well as easy to understand has led him to be invited to address local, national and international organizations where he speaks to groups of educators, parents, public administrators, healthcare providers, policy-makers, clergy and neuroscientists. He has been invited to lecture for the King of Thailand, Pope John Paul II, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Google University, and TEDx. For more information about his educational programs and resources, please visit: www.DrDanSiegel.com
Financial: Dr. Daniel J. Siegel is the executive director of the Mindsight Institute. He is an author for W.W. Norton publishing and receives royalties. He is an author for Bantam publishing and receives royalties. He is an author for Guilford Press and receives royalties. He is an author for Tarcher/Penguin and receives royalties. He is an author for Random House and receives royalties. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dr. Daniel J Siegel is a clinical professor at UCLA School of Medicine. He does not receive compensation.
10 reviews for Daniel J. Siegel – Harnessing Client Narratives, Mindsight, and Neuroplasticity for Healing Trauma with Dr. Daniel Siegel
There are no reviews yet.